Flesh vs. Spirit: the War Within


Whether trying to maintain a desired weight, remaining faithful to a spouse or reaching a goal, temptation exists - causing its victim to make a choice and sometimes several choices. When the individual feels guilty and want to do good by correcting mistakes, but finds themselves powerless against the temptation, the battle is within -thereby, causing the individual to become imbalanced. The flesh and the spirit are now at war.

Paul, the Apostle, clearly understood these things. He stated, " For I know that in me [that is, in my flesh] dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but  the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me." Romans 7:18-20.

No human being, is empowered to live above temptation. But, we can find ways to control our fleshly desires, and to reach our goals. It is too difficult to fight these battles alone - to do so, often leads to self destruction. For more information, I recommend this book to inspire courage, hope and strength.

_ Ellen J. Barrier
Author

Purchase online or by mail




Barrier's Books & Associates
P.O. Box 12269
Wichita, Kansas 67277-2269

No comments:

Post a Comment